How do we handle difficult conversations with the people we work with and with our friends and family? On Walking Worthy, Mary Lowman and Lisa Bishop talk about how difficult conversations can be scary and often there is fear that it might jeopardize the relationship—when often not having the conversation often jeopardizes the relationship. They also discuss:
- How to measure the health of a relationship.
- That confrontation is essential in any kind of relationship, but especially when you have a leadership role.
- Examples from life and the Bible.
- The need to keep a clear motivation and the end goal and to pray and prepare for the conversation.
- The importance of considering that you aren’t confronting the person, but rather the problem.
- The difference between how women and men handle hard conversations.