Podcast (channel2): Play in new window | Download (Duration: 23:29 — 32.2MB)
How can you determine if you need to seek professional help or just a good listening ear from a trusted friend? On Walking Worthy, Mary Lowman and Deb Gorton discuss the rise of the number of women who need counseling and the reasons why the pandemic caused this increase. They also talk about:
- How mental health has a physical component to it.
- When to get professional help and how therapy can be one part of the equation.
- How to recognize other women who need counseling and how to approach them.
- The importance of talking about and normalizing counseling.
- How different cultures and communities have different stigmas about mental health.