We have prepared a card that says simply, Do It Right and Do It Now!, with reference from Colossians 3. You can use this card to remind you to stop procrastinating. I promise you this: Getting rid of procrastination is one of the best gifts you’ll ever give yourself.
For best results print on card-stock paper. There are 6 cards per page and print back to back. Keep one for yourself and share the other cards with friends!
Here are some of the reasons we procrastinate; see if you can identify with any of them:
- We procrastinate because we’re simply lazy.
- We put things off when we’re facing an unpleasant task or something we don’t enjoy.
- We procrastinate when the task seems overwhelming—too big.
- We procrastinate when we feel insecure about how to do it or we’re afraid of failing.
- We procrastinate because we don’t know how to get started.
If you struggle with procrastination, I want to strongly encourage you to make this a matter of serious prayer and determine how you’re going to break the bad habit. First, identify where you tend to procrastinate the most and ask yourself why. God says he’ll give us wisdom if we ask for it, so ask for wisdom from God to show you what’s causing you to put things off so much.